Twin Peaks Usenet Archive
Subject: Episode 4
From: email@example.com (Rajiv Sarathy)
Date: 1990-04-27, 10:51
Some questions to ponder:
1. Why was Audrey's father at the Morgue instead of Leland Palmer?
2. Audrey's father said something like
"...I know I speak for everyone, the Palmer family included,
when saying that Laura should be buried right away. The way he
said it, it seemed that he cares more for Laura than Leland does.
(Maybe I'm wrong). It is at this point, we see Leland watching
the beginning of the Soap Opera on TV, where the [grand]father
is writing a suicide not to his daughters. Notice how this
character added the second daughter's name as an afterthought? As
if she might not really be his daughter? Any connection? Maybe
Mr. Horne is just there to make sure that the FBI doesn't find
something he doesn't want them too...
3. Why did Audrey know that Laura worked at the Perfume counter, but
didn't know that Ronette worked there as well?
4. I hope that the two Canadians' accent isn't supposed to be French!
If it was, then it was a terrible job! British Columbians don't
have such accents either. Nor do they usually have French names!
Are they from somewhere else?
5. In the slow-mo during the funeral scene, is all that is said
"I'll kill you?" I recall hearing a normal-speed voice as well,
and a VERY slow voice that I couldn't discern. What was said?
6. Laura's mom cried to her husband "Don't ruin this TOO!" when he
was taking a ride on the casket. It sounded like she meant that
he had ruined everything else for Laura. Does this confirm
someone's theory about Leland giving her away, or knowing about
7. It seems that whenever Lucy writes something down, it is a hint to
viewers. Maybe she serves a purpose other than just comic relief
There's my insight for the day...
-- Rajiv Partha Sarathy _ _ /@\ INTERNET firstname.lastname@example.org ................ooooooooOOOO(_)(_)\@/ BITNET email@example.com University Of Toronto Computing Services UUCP firstname.lastname@example.org